Skill in all areas of jewelry making
Especially casting, design, fabrication, granulation, stone setting, and use of both gold (both 18k and 22k) and platinum.
- Extensive experience with antique, estate, and period jewelry.
- Owns a lab and a Master Diamond Set.
- Follows ASA standards and guidelines.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Jewelry Design and Silversmithing, Georgia State University, 1984
- Graduate Gemologist, Gemological Institute of America (GIA), 1987
- Fellow, Gemological Association and Gem Testing Laboratory of Great Britain, 1990
Georgia GIA Alumni Association: Current President
Southern Women’s Jewelry Association (SWJA): Former Vice President
- Accredited Gemologist Association
- American Society of Jewelry Historians
- Georgia Jewelers Association (GJA)
- Jewelers of America (JA)
- National Association of Jewelry Appraisers
Past member of:
- American Society of Appraisers
- Florida Society of Goldsmiths
Awards and Scholarships
- Best use of Platinum and Color, Summer AGTA 2016
- Spectrum Award Winner Bridal Platinum Honors 2016
SWJA: President’s Award, 1989
- GJA Design Contest: Second Place, 1992
- GJA Design Contest: Third Place, 1994
- JA Scholarships: 1990, 1992, 1993
- SWJA Scholarships: 1991, 1993, 1995